Secretaires & desks (5)
BM-SE-105 Austria around 1830
Rare, elegant Biedermeier desk from Austria around 1830.
- Very beautiful book-matched cherry veneer on softwood
- Typical Austrian hexagonal, veneered columns on a veneered pedestal.
- Ebonized lasts
- 1 long drawer
- Excellent restored condition with shellac hand polish
- Matching glass plate available to hang on
H 78 cm
W 159 cm
T 77 cm
BM-SE-102 Southern Germany around 1820
Original, restored neoclassical early Biedermeier secretaire
- Cherry veneered on hard and softwood
- Ebonized decorative lines
- Classicist design with gable cornice
- Original brass fittings
- 1 original key
- Inside with numerous drawers and secret compartments, mostly veneered in cherry wood
- At the bottom with 2 doors and an open space behind with an insert board
- Opening plate in cherry wood with ebonized bands
- A support column for more stability under the writing surface was made later and is included with the secretary
- Restored condition with shellac hand polish
Dimensions: H 158/173 cm (including gable) x W 100 cm x 44 cm
BM-SE-101 Central Germany around 1830
Simple Biedermeier secretary
- Beautiful continuous and book-matched walnut veneer
- Inside veneered in yew with black polished writing surface
- Ebonized key escrutcheons and buttons
- Bottompart with two doors and plate inside
Dimensions: H 147.5 cm x W 102 cm x D 49/98 cm
BM-SE-100 Austria/Vienna circa 1810
Empire Secrétaire / Escritoire, Walnut, Paw legs, Austria (Danube Monarchy), Vienna, circa 1810
- Wonderful bookmatched walnut veneer, French polished.
- Veneer running through overhead drawer and plate.
- Gold-plated "Egg stick bar" at the cornice. Ebonized full-columns with gold-plated Corinthian capitals and bases.
- Original brass fittings and key. Very special, original carved "paw legs" painted with dark green (probably old) color and gold-plate.
- At the front side, these are straight, in the backside the legs point to the outside.
- Interior in ash, maple, walnut and partly ebonized.
- Fill-columns in the middle and mirror in the back, inside. Several secret compartments.
Dimensions: H 161, W 98.7, D 43 / 94 (open)
BM-SE-99 Austria/Vienna about 1820
Very special, small Biedermeier secretaire / writing desk from Austria, Vienna, circa 1820.
- Wonderful walnut veneer on the outside and Walnut roots veneer at the cornice bar.
- Inside with drawer, veneered in Ash and original brass knobs as well as ebonized plate and compartment.
- Ebonized full-columns with Corinthian brass capitals and bases.
Dimensions: H 119.5, W 80, D 82.5 cm