Secretaires & desks
BM-SE-98 Austria/Vienna circa 1815/20
Wonderful, early Biedermeier Secretaire
- Wood: Cherry Veneer, French Polished, partly ebonized
- Inside: Maple wood with tush paintings, little ebonized columns
- Pilaster columns with ebony inlays
- mesaure: h 59.76 in, w 37.45 in, d 17.92 in
BM-SE-97 Austria/Vienna circa 1820
Wonderful, elegant Biedermeier Secretaire
- 2 ebonized full-columns
- Original brass fittings
- Gold-plated capitels and bases
- Interior in maple and plum
- Secret compartement
- Corpus veneer in walnut
- Inches: H 63, W 38.25/36.6, D 17.9/16.7/36.65 in (open)
- H 158, W 96/92, D 45/42/92 cm (open)
BM-SE-96 South Germany circa 1820
Elegant, classicist Biedermeier Cylinder Secretaire from South Germany circa 1820.
Wonderful walnut veneer, inside with maple and mahogany inlays. Fine original brass fittings.
Two big drawers in the bottom, three head-drawers at the top.
Pull-out writing plate works together with the rolling mechanism.
The plate is made with cherry veneer and has a black felt surface in the middle for writing.
Greatly restored condition. Amazing shellac hand-polish (French Polish) in several layers.
- Inch: H 53.9, W 48.8, D 25.2 in
- Cm: H 137, W 119/124, D 64 cm
BM-SE-95 France about 1815
- Very fine, petite and elegant Empire secretaire or writing desk desk originally from France, circa 1815.
- All the wood on the outside is a wonderful French mahogany veneered on oak. AMazing "Fountain" veneer, that repeats in the brass fittings.
- Very special is the fact, that on the bottom right side, it has a door with three long drawers behind.
- At the top, the secretaire has a secret hinged door with one compartment and two small drawers at the insides, that can be locked in the top brass fitting. There are three wonderful original brass fittings of very high quality at the frontside and original brass capitals and bases on the half-columns.
- The plate is cover with a new black genuine leather. There is one original key with the secretaire, which locks all compartments. It is made in form of a cloverleaf, which indicates the highest quality of that time.
- Greatly restored with shellac hand-polish (French Polish) and new leather on the plate.
- Inch: H 52.37 x W 27.56 x D 13.78 in
- Cm: H 133, W 70/64, D 35 cm
BM-SE-92 South Germany about 1825
- Wonderfull, plain secretaire with lovely veneer
- Epoch: Biedermeier
- Wood: Cherry wood veneer
Plain and elegant early Biedermeier secretary with a wonderful book-matched cherry veneer. The drop-down door has a blackened surface inside for writing. Dropped-down it has a depth of 32.2"
The continuous cherry veneer that goes over the drawers inside is especially beautiful here. It has been restored with shellac hand-polish to give the wood a shining intense charisma.
After all, this secretary convinces with its simplicity and focus on the veneer patterns.
- Inch: H 61.2, W 39.2, D 16 in
- Cm: H 153, W 98, D 40/97 cm
BM-SE-91 Southwest Germany about 1820
- Beautiful secretaire of best quality with several secret compartements
- Epoch: Early Biedermeier
- Wood: Walnut veneer, plum, cherry, mahogany and ash
Architecturally interesting Biedermeier secretary from Southwest Germany about 1820.
This unique piece is completely restored and made of very good urban, aristocratic quality. It has an extremely beautiful book-matched and symmetrically running walnut veneer at the outside of the box (frontside looks like two faces). The fold-out plate is inside veneered with cherry wood.
The inner life is inlayed with plum, mahogany and ash, and obtains several secret drawers. The walnut secrétaire has several secret comportements (last picture) and has been hand-polished with shellac.
- Inch: H 62, W 38.4, D 18.8 in
- Cm: H 155, W 96, D 47 cm
BM-SE-84 Austria/Vienna about 1810
- Epoche: Empire
- Wood: Ebonized and polished maple wood
Very elegant, classic Empire Secretaire from Austria/Vienna around 1810.
The beautifully worked decor at the circumferential cornice as well as the original "paw-legs", are gold-plated. The body of the armoire is ebonized/blackened maple wood. At the bottom are three drawers, at the top there is one. All brass fittings are original.
- Inch: H 62.8, W 41.2, D 19.6 in
- Cm: H 157, B 103/94, T 49/43 cm