Secretaires & desks (7)
BM-SE-102 Southern Germany around 1820
Original, restored neoclassical early Biedermeier secretaire
- Cherry veneered on hard and softwood
- Ebonized decorative lines
- Classicist design with gable cornice
- Original brass fittings
- 1 original key
- Inside with numerous drawers and secret compartments, mostly veneered in cherry wood
- At the bottom with 2 doors and an open space behind with an insert board
- Opening plate in cherry wood with ebonized bands
- A support column for more stability under the writing surface was made later and is included with the secretary
- Restored condition with shellac hand polish
Dimensions: H 158/173 cm (including gable) x W 100 cm x 44 cm
BM-SE-101 Central Germany around 1830
Simple Biedermeier secretary
- Beautiful continuous and book-matched walnut veneer
- Inside veneered in yew with black polished writing surface
- Ebonized key escrutcheons and buttons
- Bottompart with two doors and plate inside
Dimensions: H 147.5 cm x W 10 cm x D 49/98 cm
BM-SE-100 Austria/Vienna circa 1810
Empire Secrétaire / Escritoire, Walnut, Paw legs, Austria (Danube Monarchy), Vienna, circa 1810
- Wonderful bookmatched walnut veneer, French polished.
- Veneer running through overhead drawer and plate.
- Gold-plated "Egg stick bar" at the cornice. Ebonized full-columns with gold-plated Corinthian capitals and bases.
- Original brass fittings and key. Very special, original carved "paw legs" painted with dark green (probably old) color and gold-plate.
- At the front side, these are straight, in the backside the legs point to the outside.
- Interior in ash, maple, walnut and partly ebonized.
- Fill-columns in the middle and mirror in the back, inside. Several secret compartments.
Dimensions: H 161, W 98.7, D 43 / 94 (open)
BM-SE-99 Austria/Vienna about 1820
Very special, small Biedermeier secretaire / writing desk from Austria, Vienna, circa 1820.
- Wonderful walnut veneer on the outside and Walnut roots veneer at the cornice bar.
- Inside with drawer, veneered in Ash and original brass knobs as well as ebonized plate and compartment.
- Ebonized full-columns with Corinthian brass capitals and bases.
Dimensions: H 119.5, W 80, D 82.5 cm
BM-SE-95 France about 1815
Very fine, petite and elegant Empire secretaire or writing desk desk originally from France, circa 1815.
- All the wood on the outside is a wonderful French mahogany veneered on oak. AMazing "Fountain" veneer, that repeats in the brass fittings.
- Very special is the fact, that on the bottom right side, it has a door with three long drawers behind.
- At the top, the secretaire has a secret hinged door with one compartment and two small drawers at the insides, that can be locked in the top brass fitting. There are three wonderful original brass fittings of very high quality at the frontside and original brass capitals and bases on the half-columns.
- The plate is cover with a new black genuine leather. There is one original key with the secretaire, which locks all compartments. It is made in form of a cloverleaf, which indicates the highest quality of that time.
- Greatly restored with shellac hand-polish (French Polish) and new leather on the plate.
- Inch: H 52.37 x W 27.56 x D 13.78 in
- Cm: H 133, W 70/64, D 35 cm
BM-SE-102 France around 1810
Gorgeous, unadorned Empire Bureau Plat / Writing Desk with 6 drawers, France around 1810
- Epoch: Empire
- Provenience: France around 1810/20
- Type of wood: walnut veneered on softwood and solid walnut
- Inlaid black leather plate with gold embossing
- 2 keys, 6 drawers
- Free-standing, partner desk (seated from both sides)
- Brass tips on the toes of the legs
- Restored and hand-polished with shellac
Dimensions: H 79 cm, apron H 63 cm, W 210 cm, D 100 cm