Secretaires & desks
BM-SE-100 Austria/Vienna circa 1810
Empire Secrétaire / Escritoire, Walnut, Paw legs, Austria (Danube Monarchy), Vienna, circa 1810
- Wonderful bookmatched walnut veneer, French polished.
- Veneer running through overhead drawer and plate.
- Gold-plated "Egg stick bar" at the cornice. Ebonized full-columns with gold-plated Corinthian capitals and bases.
- Original brass fittings and key. Very special, original carved "paw legs" painted with dark green (probably old) color and gold-plate.
- At the front side, these are straight, in the backside the legs point to the outside.
- Interior in ash, maple, walnut and partly ebonized.
- Fill-columns in the middle and mirror in the back, inside. Several secret compartments.
Dimensions: H 161, W 98.7, D 43 / 94 (open)
BM-SE-95 France about 1815
Very fine, petite and elegant Empire secretaire or writing desk desk originally from France, circa 1815.
- All the wood on the outside is a wonderful French mahogany veneered on oak. AMazing "Fountain" veneer, that repeats in the brass fittings.
- Very special is the fact, that on the bottom right side, it has a door with three long drawers behind.
- At the top, the secretaire has a secret hinged door with one compartment and two small drawers at the insides, that can be locked in the top brass fitting. There are three wonderful original brass fittings of very high quality at the frontside and original brass capitals and bases on the half-columns.
- The plate is cover with a new black genuine leather. There is one original key with the secretaire, which locks all compartments. It is made in form of a cloverleaf, which indicates the highest quality of that time.
- Greatly restored with shellac hand-polish (French Polish) and new leather on the plate.
- Inch: H 52.37 x W 27.56 x D 13.78 in
- Cm: H 133, W 70/64, D 35 cm
BM-SE-84 Austria/Vienna about 1810
Very elegant, classic Empire Secretaire from Austria/Vienna around 1810.
The beautifully worked decor at the circumferential cornice as well as the original "paw-legs", are gold-plated. The body of the armoire is ebonized/blackened maple wood. At the bottom are three drawers, at the top there is one. All brass fittings are original.
- Inch: H 62.8, W 41.2, D 19.6 in
- Cm: H 157, B 103/94, T 49/43 cm
BM-SE-99 Austria/Vienna about 1820
Very special, small Biedermeier secretaire / writing desk from Austria, Vienna, circa 1820.
- Wonderful walnut veneer on the outside and Walnut roots veneer at the cornice bar.
- Inside with drawer, veneered in Ash and original brass knobs as well as ebonized plate and compartment.
- Ebonized full-columns with Corinthian brass capitals and bases.
Dimensions: H 119.5, W 80, D 82.5 cm
BM-SE-92 South Germany about 1825
Plain and elegant early Biedermeier secretary
- Wonderful book-matched cherry veneer.
- The drop-down door has a blackened surface inside for writing. Dropped-down it has a depth of 32.2"
- The continuous cherry veneer that goes over the drawers inside is especially beautiful here.
- It has been restored with shellac hand-polish to give the wood a shining intense charisma.
- After all, this secretary convinces with its simplicity and focus on the veneer patterns.
- Inch: H 61.2, W 39.2, D 16 in
- Cm: H 153, W 98, D 40/97 cm