Mirrors & Clocks (11)
BM-SP-236 South Germany circa 1820
Tiny, neoclassical wall mirror with gable
- Solid cherry wood, partly ebonized.
- Hand polished with shellac.
- Ebonized half columns with gold colored capitels and bases.
- Silver-gold painted ornament with birds on a green background.
Dimensions: H 70 cm, W 34 cm, D 5 cm
BM-SP-235 South Germany circa 1820
Neoclassical Biedermeier Mirror, Cherry, Walnut Roots, South Germany, circa 1820
Beautiful neoclassical, strict and early Biedermeier Wall Mirror from South Germany about 1820. Cherry solid wood, partly ebonized and dark walnut roots. All the wood has been hand polished with shellac (french polished). Lovely stirct architecture with (neo)classicist / greek pediment and ebonized pilaster columns.
Dimensions: H 70,5 x W 66 / 75 cm x D 50 cm
BM-SP-234 South Germany circa 1810/20
Purist, early Biedermeier mirror from South Germany circa 1810-1820
- Cherry veneer and solid wood,
- French polished and partly ebonized.
- Beautiful original brass hardware / appliqués depicting an angel writing on a board, a harp and a harp player.
Dimensions: H 136 cm, W 57.8 cm, D 2.5 cm
BM-SP-233 South Germany about 1830
Classic, original Biedermeier Mirrors / Frames
- Wood: Cherry Veneer, ebonized on the edges
- French Polish
- Old Mirrorglass
- Big: H 51 cm, W 45.5 cm, D 2 cm
- Medium: H 38 cm, W 31.5 cm, D 2 cm
- Small: H 24.5 cm, W 32 cm, D 2 cm
- Big: H 20.3 in, W 18 in, D 0.8 in
- Medium: H 15 in, W 12.5 in, D 0.8 in
- Small: H 9.8 in, W 12.7, D 0.8 in
BM-SP-229 South Germany about 1830
- Elegant, classicist mirror
- Epoch: Biedermeier
- Wood: Cherry veneer, hash inlayed
- Original mirror glass
- Inches: H 55.2 in x W 22 in x D 1.2 in
- Cm: H 138 cm, W 55 cm, D 3 cm
BM-SP-231 South Germany about 1815/20
Wonderful, small Trumeau Mirror/Pier glass
- Epoch: Early Biedermeier
- Wood: Cherry veneer, shellac hand-polish, partly ebonized
- Gold-painted decor on concrete; Motif: Woman playing the harp infant of a casket
- Original Mirror glass
- Inches: H 66.4, W 18.8, D 0.8 in
- Cm: H 166, B 47, T 2 cm
BM-SP-165 South Germany about 1810
- Wonderful big Empire Mirror
- Wood: Mahagoni (cherry color) veneered and solid wood
- Beautiful original ebonized Decor with vines, grapes, tendrils, fish
- Inches: H 65,2 in, W 36 in, D 1,6 in
- Cm: H 163, W 90, D 4 cm
BM-SP-246 South Germany about 1830
- Wonderful, very big Biedermeier mirror
- Wood: Walnut veneer, partly ebonized
- 2 Half-columns
- Inches: H 75.6, W 39.2, D 4 in
- CM: H 189, B 98/92, T 10 cm
BM-SO-206 Austria/Vienna about 1815/20
Wonderful, small empire clock
- Four alabaster columns black polish maple wood, 'Schwarzlot' paints and gold-plated brass parts.
- The original old clockwork has been restored and is fully working.
- The black surface is hand-polished with shellac
- Inches: H 18, W 11.6, D 4.8 in
- CM: H 45, W 29, D 12 cm
BM-SO-100 France, Early 20th c.
Louis XVI Style Wall clock, built 1900-1930
- Wood, stucco and gold-plated
- Enamel dial with Arabic numbers and beautiful brass hands
- Glass shield above the dial and glass inlay in the bottom middle.
- Good condition, gilding partly chipped
Dimensions: H 90, B 43, T 12 cm
BM-SO-177 Austria 19.century
- Wonderful vienesse baroque Mirror
- Gold-plated carvibngs of vines, tendrills, roses, pilar and bird
- Inches: H 38 in, W 44 in, D 6 in
- CM: H 95,W 110, D 15 cm