Sculptures and Others
AD-DE-481 France around 1930
Very nice pair of four-armed Art Deco candlesticks by Jules Leleu (1883 - 1961).
- Excellent quality, heavy cast bronze, newly nickel-plated and polished
- Upper and lower part screwed together
Dimensions: H 18.5 cm, W 25 cm, D 25 cm, weight: 6.5 kg
€ 1.900 / pairPrint
AD-DE-481 France circa 1930
Large, very elegant and rare Art Deco sculpture by Plagnet, depicting a pair of panthers (couple de panthères) from France, circa 1930.
- Epoch: Art Deco, France, circa 1930
- Signed: Plagnet (M. Plagnet)
- Heavy cast zinc, polished, silver-colored. Standing on a rectangular stone plate vanished with excellent black piano lacquer.
- Before the refinishing, the panthers were dark patinated / burnished and worn out. After much polishing, the color came out in this beautiful shiny chrome tone, which we love a lot. The original grey marble plate underneath has been high gloss black lacquered and polished with the signature still visible.
Dimensions: H 30, W 80, D 24.5 cm (including plinth)
AD-DE-480 France/Paris about 1930-50
Large original Panther sculpture, Paris 1930-50
- Ceramic mass on oval wooden base
- Polyester lacquer coated and polished
- Polished (lasercut) stainless steel plate under the base
- Model after Salvatore Melani (1902-1934), who was famous for his animal sculptures
- Entwurf nach Paul Jouve's Panther Zeichnungen
Dimensions (incl. Base)
- Inches: L 37.4, H 12.2, W 10.2
- Cm: L 95, H 31, B 26 cm
AD-DE-478 France about 1930
Original Art Deco Smoking table
- Chrome-plated and polished steel with old patina
- Rubber, plastic and lacquered tin ashtray
- Inches: 26.8, W 18.1, D 9 cm
- CM: H 68, W 46, D 23 cm
AD-DE-477 Austria about 1930